Tuesday, August 9, 2011

University question any chances for admission?

Hi I'm in grade 11 in CANADA going into grade 12, but I'm looking towards university and I'm just curious if you guys think I'll get into these schools: McGill, Harvard, UPenn, UToronto, Uchicago, UCaliBerkly, Georgetown, Cornell, Columbia, Oxford, Cambridge. I know my standards are high but I'm just curious. My SAT score is 2200, 700 engs and 800 math, got perfect on my SAT Math 1 and 2. Here's the sad part, in grade 9 had a 85 avg and grade 10 88 avg, I didn't work because I didn't have a goal or something to work towards didn't know what to do. But in grade 10 when I started to do lead clubs(History Club) and take leadership roles(school events: dances etc) I started to like doing it. I also competed in a few speaking comps and got 1st places. Plus I started to volunteer at my local politcal office, and I wanted to go into politics. In grade 11 I kept this goal in mind, took the hardest courses from our school possible(3 science 2 maths, English and French all AP) and ended up with a 92 avg, in grade 12 I'll end up with a 92 avg, the workload's the same. In grade 11 I lead my school to a MUN in the region and I also took part in a debate club and continued volunteering. Have any chances to go to ANY one of these schools? I heard that some people had the simliar case and got into schools like UPenn(the part where they started working hard because they found out what they wanted to do). thanks 10 points to anyone that answers

No comments:

Post a Comment