Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is your Ghostbusters PC game freezing and crashing? Here is the solution fix.?

I bought the Ghostbusters PC version. After installing the game I was disappointed because it was freezing and crashing my computer. I have an Nvidia GTX 260 core 216 and an Intel E6600 core 2 duo in my rig. This is not the top of the line hardware but it's nowhere near the bottom so I was shocked when the game crashed multiple times just 2 minutes into the game. Well thankfully a kind gentleman over in the Steam Forums made a suggestion and his idea fixed the problem that was stumping so many people including myself. His solution was to simply: 1) Start the game 2) Ctrl+Alt+Del as soon as game starts to load 3) In the Task Manager under" Applications" select Ghostbusters and change the priority to "low" OR set the game's executable priority to low by right clicking on "ghost_w32.exe" under the Processes tab. 4) Close Task Manager and bring the game back up on the screen. BAM ! Game now working and no more freezing or crashing. This simple fix will have your game running smooth as er! I've got everything set on high in the game and the graphics are 'AMAZING"!!! I have gone from totally unplayable 30 FPS and crashing to totally playable 60 FPS smooth as er. Hope this helps some people out there having trouble running this game. I'm not saying this will fix the problem for everyone but it sure worked for me. It also helps to have updated GPU drivers and definitely update your directX to the latest version. Right now I'm using NVIDIA 186.18 driver and the game is simply gorgeous. If you liked the movie you will love this game. I'd like to thank the person over at Steam forums. I'm just ping the information on. And by the way... just in case anyone is wondering, No you do not have to play this game through steam in order for this fix to work. Happy gaming and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment