Monday, August 15, 2011

Question about max units to transfer to UC. Help Please.?

Hello. I have a question on something that worries me quite a bit. I am seeking to transfer to UC Berkley from Los Angeles Pierce Community College. On the UC website it notes that transfer students are to have between 60 and 90 semester units to transfer, obviously meaning a maximum of 90 units. I am going through the list of cles listed at ist.org for my major which total up to around 70 units already. However, in order to keep my insurance costs down I must keep at least 12 units per semester which threatens to shoot me over the limit of 90 units. The difficulty of getting into the cles I need have caused me to take superfluous cles like geography, geology, and cinema (all of which are UC transferable) in order to meet the requirements of being a full time student. Is there a possibility that I can omit some of these cles from my transcript so that I stay under the maximum of 90 units? If not, should I just try to transfer before I hit 90 units even though I haven't taken all the cles listed for my major yet? Please respond with advice and thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment