Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The runt Gerbil died, will the parents become upset?

The runt of the litter, Speedy, ped away...but instead of trying eat him, Gizmo and Kojak (mom and dad) left him lying with the other babies...and tried hiding the body so that it wouldn't be noticed. I know some animals are known to become ashamed of the fact that they are dying, but I think Gizmo and Kojak were ashamed of the fact that speedy died. Kojak has been acting very finicky since I removed Speedy's body, chewing and scratching, and ignoring the other pups. speedy died of malnutrition. I know that Kojak and Gizmo know that Speedy died. I don't know if they might begin to take out their frustrations on each other, or the other pups. Is there anyone out there with experience in this?

No comments:

Post a Comment